This song is written by David Cook himself, specially for his brother Adam Cook, who was having brain cancer, and lost his fight in the early hours of May 3, 2009.

His brother had a great influence on him. If it wasn't for his brother, David would not participate in AI. RIP, Adam Cook!

Lyrics:
Is this the moment where I look you in the eye?
Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry
And everything, it will surely change even if I tell you I won�t go away today
Will you think that you're all alone
When no ones there to hold your hand?
And all you know seems so far away and everything is temporary rest your head
I'm permanent
I know he's living in hell every single day
And so I ask oh god is there some way for me to take his place
And when they say it's all touch and go I wish I could make it go away
But still you say
Will you think that you're all alone when no ones there to hold your hand
When all you know seems so far away and everything is temporary, rest your head
I'm permanent
I'm permanent
Is this the moment where I look you in the eye?
Forgive my promise that you'll never see me cry.

Here's the interpretation from his fan (
xXRavenxTressesXx ):

Is this the moment where I look you in the eye? - Could possibly be a reference to the thoug that it may be his brother's (Adam I think is his name) final moments.

Forgive my broken promise that you'll never see me cry - Even though he promised he'd never cry, he'd always be strong, he can't help but cry now.

And everything, it will surely change even if I tell you I won't go away today - No matter what he does, he can't stop his brother's cancer from progressing, even if he stays by his side.

Will you think that you're all alone, When no ones there to hold your hand? - Self-explanatory, he fears his brother thinks he's all alone in his battle with cancer.

And all you know seems so far away and everything is temporary rest your head, I'm permanent - His life before cancer may seem so far away because he's been battling for so long, but he should just rest because no matter what, David is permanent, he will always be there for him.

I know he's living in hell every single day - He knows his brother has to deal with a living hell of pain every day.

And so I ask oh god is there some way for me to take his place - As most loved ones do when someone they love is dealing with a lot of pain, he pleads with God to let him take Adam's place.

And when they say it's all touch and go I wish I could make it go away - When the doctors say it's all "touch and go" and they don't know what his condition will be like day to day, David wishes he could do something, anything, to just make it go away.

But still you say, Will you think that you're all alone, when no ones there to hold your hand?When all you know seems so far away and everything is temporary, rest your head. I'm permanent, I'm permanent - repeat of everything said earlier.

Is this the moment where I look you in the eye?Forgive my promise that you'll never see me cry -repeat of everything said earlier .

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Ok, this is my life. So i'm blogging about my life, everything around me, scenery, places, events, friends, family, everything. So, hang on there, I will update my blog very often. Should I have nothing to blog about, I will blog about songs, lyrics especially.

About Me

My photo
I may look quiet at first. But once you know me, then you will know that I'm a very talkative person! lolx!

Followers