Yesterday was the first tutorial of German class. I was kinda late for the tutorial because I was hanging quite a number of clothes(lazy person will be like that) lolx. Reached there around 4:41 pm. The tutorial class was supposed to start at 4:30 pm. Entered the room and the German tutor asked a boy and me(the boy too late for the tutorial) to wait for awhile. Then at first he bla a lot and I did not understand a word from his mouth. After that, the first question he asked us was, ' Alles klar?' then he pointed to the whiteboard ' ja'. I guess he was asking, ' do you understand?' and the answer was 'yes'. Then afterthat he pointed to the word Entshuldigung which means sorry. lolx.

We got to sit down eventually. Guten Tag, Guten Morgen, Guten Abend, Guten Nacht, Gestern, Sonntag.... Wie hieBen Sie.. (the B is not the ' B' in english... it's a double s.) Although it was a tough language, I find it interesting. Different questions have different answers although the meaning is the same, such as ' Wie hieBen Sie? Ich hieBen Mel Veen Boo' and 'Wie ist Ihr Name, bitte? Mein Name ist Mel Veen Boo.' The meaning of the two questions above have the same meaning, which means, what is your name? My name is Mel Veen Boo.

The pronunciation of the alphabet is very different from English, for example, g is pronounced as ghee, y is pronounced as upsilon, j is pronounced as yadut. The vowels in German are a, o and u. Sometimes you may see there's a double line on top of the alphabet, and the lines are on these three vowels. It is known as umlaut. lolx. Sounds funny right? haha.

Ok, that's all for today. Auf Wiedersehen!

1 comments:

Das ist: Ich heiBe Mel Veen,
nicht "Ich hieBen Mel Veen.

Das ist: Was ist Ihr Name, bitte?
nicht "Wie ist Ihr Name, bitte?

Post a Comment

About this blog

Ok, this is my life. So i'm blogging about my life, everything around me, scenery, places, events, friends, family, everything. So, hang on there, I will update my blog very often. Should I have nothing to blog about, I will blog about songs, lyrics especially.

About Me

My photo
I may look quiet at first. But once you know me, then you will know that I'm a very talkative person! lolx!

Followers